Saturday, April 6, 2013

Vacation!!

My fella hit the big 3-0 last week. I feel we're both ready to be in our 30s now. I've been threatening to downgrade to a younger model for a couple years now once this day came but it turns out I'm rather attached at this point. Sigh... I guess I'll have to relinquish my Duras fantasy of drinking and writing in a Paris apartment with my much, much younger lover. It was to be my greatest feminist achievement. Oh well, I have other goals. We're heading out to Encintas tomorrow but he doesn't know that. It's supposed to be a surprise. That means I have until Yuma to convince him we're actually just going to Yuma. Ha. Not that I'm not all about my home state. Yuma, well, is Yuma. Good things come from there (like musician Bryant Vazquez) but it's not exactly a happening vacation spot.

For my 30th birthday, the fella and my bestie took me to the Biosphere 2, a lifelong dream realized. I can, at least, bring him to the ocean. Right next to Moonlight Beach which sounded just right for my anti-sun tendencies. See you on the flip side, darlings!


No comments:

Post a Comment