Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mother's Birthday:: Homemade Hostess

What do you give to the woman who really doesn't want anything? My mother might be one of the most difficult people ever to shop for... ever. It's not that she doesn't like gifts. She will always cheerfully accept  tchotchkes or plants but nothing ever really wows her because she really doesn't want anything. She wants cookies. And, maybe a chocolate malt. I am not kidding. That's what she really wants. On the inside. In her heart of hearts. The tiniest diabetic in the universe with the world's worst eating habits. If she wasn't freakishly, impossibly healthy, we would have to hospitalize her for the way she eats, like that chick that would only eat french fries. Freakish. I simply adore her with everything in me but something is not quite right in her head. But whatever is wrong is joyful so I say let it be. 

So, anyhoo, back to her birthday. I really wanted to give her something she wants this year. Something no one else will give her. Something that she can't just go out and get for herself.

Twinkies.

Yessss! With Hostess out of the way, something has been missing from my mother's diet. Twinkies and Ding Dongs and those cupcakes with the little curlicue on top. This is something I can do. I found these recipes on the magical interweb, just click the image for the link! 







No comments:

Post a Comment