Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Homemade Beauty Products

I recently had to do away with many of my bath and beauty products as part of my journey toward chemical-free living. Sigh. Now that I'm really starting to miss some of my favs I decided it's time to seek out suitable (homemade) replacements for the products I just can't live without. 



Here are some recipes for homemade bath products I'm about to get underway!



I am a chapstick junkie. I haven't fully relinquished all of my store bought / questionably produced lip moisturizers, but I'm hoping a homemade replacement will help me part with those last couple renegade tubes I keep shoved in my purse.



I love my lip stain. Love it. I almost cried when I tossed it. Beets, however, just might be the answer.



Lotion bars are great to rub into rough elbows and feet (or knuckles, in my case). They're easier to take on the road than leaky bottles of liquid lotion (say that 10 times fast). 



Soaking in a delightfully scented tub is one of those simple joys I don't want to give up even though I gave away all the store-bought bath concoctions lurking tubside. Time to make my own!


Sugar Scrub is my joy of joys! And, it sounds super easy to make at home!



No comments:

Post a Comment