Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Going Glamping

I'm super excited for my glamping trip with friends this weekend. It's been several years and then some since I've been camping. My unusual health restrictions make "roughing it" a little more difficult than it might be for others. No matter. This year, my friends and I decided to kick in for some picturesque digs in nature so we can enjoy the best of both worlds: clean, natural living and indoor plumbing! And, because I have the best friends in the whole universe, they even found a spot that will allow Ms. Eleanor, the dog-faced girl, to join our adventure. This week I'm busy planning and preparing for the trip... 


Sure, as campers we usually just brought a package of hot dogs and enough beer for the end of the world, but as glampers a little forethought is required.



Hotdogs are a camping must, but there's no reason we can get a little fancy with this classic. I know my fella will insist upon a veggie dog anyway so we've already abandoned the traditionalists. 





Not only is this supposed to be the perfect picnic sandwich, it's also supposed to be better a day or two after it was made so I can pack it up and bring it along.





In theory, my friends might actually catch some fish at this lake. If that happens, this would be a great accompaniment. If not, PBJ for all! 




S'mores are the camping treat for the ages. I, however, have been trying to eliminate chocolate from my repertoire so I might have to get a little fancy with these Lemon Meringue S'mores. 




And, if all else fails, the Food Network has this handy guide to 50 Things to Grill in Foil... 

No comments:

Post a Comment