Thursday, November 8, 2012

Lifting the Library Embargo...

It's been a stressful week between doctors and more doctors but I've kept my goals in sight and I seem to be moving through it. As a reward for my efforts, I decided to break my library ban and triumphantly return to the world of book borrowing. I planned on only allowing myself two books. Of course, I left with an armful but I'm very excited about some of my finds this time...


I was looking for Ben Lerner's novel Leaving Atocha Station. The library didn't have a copy but they did have this collection of poems that I have yet to read.

Never read it. Always wanted to read it. Found the fiftieth anniversary edition in the "new books" section.

David Cross alternately annoys and amuses me. I suppose this must be like effect every person on the planet has on him. Here's hoping his book falls more to the latter side.

I've already read this book and I love it. My friend Mike knew I was looking for a copy so my fella could read it to and he found one on our library trip today. Very exciting times.

Hahaha. I really checked this book out. And, I'm really going to make something from it. Maybe not the roasted boar... maybe more like the honey biscuits. Thankfully, the book offers both the medieval and modern versions of recipes. 

3 comments: