Saturday, March 30, 2013

Desserts for Easter

Okay, so I'm not a practicing Christian... I'm more like a secular melting pot of puritanical traditions - one Hasidic grandmother and one Quaker - with a vicious anti-authority streak, a master's degree in religion & philosophy, and a spiritual commitment to Martin Buber. That being said, I love holidays. I'll celebrate them all. Holidays are a great way to break up the year so it doesn't pass in a blur of drudgery and isolation. It's a time to pause, connect, and enjoy. While I'd prefer to celebrate the Spring in some precursor pagan manner, I'll take what I can get. So Yay, Jesus isn't dead or whatever. Let's eat some cupcakes!



These might win out just because they are adorably pink and I'm trying to avoid chocolate due to the neurological condition. And, they're adorably pink. The color scheme really sets each holiday for me.




Maybe I'll pretend I'm not avoiding chocolate... just for as longs as it takes to eat this pie, the delicious cookie-like pie.




Super easy and cute. Sometimes, that is all I want in life... when it's time to up the dose (kidding).





Peeps are almost synonymous with Easter for me but they probably cause cancer or something. Better to make them at home and enjoy the splendor of childhood traditions without all the creepy additives.



No comments:

Post a Comment