Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Idea Day:: More Music

I need to listen to more music. For those of you who know me, that might sound like a ridiculous statement. I listen to music constantly. I always have music playing as I go about my day. However, I get caught up in listening to the same albums again and again (and again and again). I write for YabYum Music and Arts, an Arizona blog intent on supporting the local arts movement. Most of the music I listen to comes from Arizona artists which is both a blessing and a curse. I love love love the music coming out of AZ right now. This is a vital time for our community and I'm excited to be a part of it. Writing about music, however, means knowing about music. I need to listen to more music. I can't give two weeks to uninterrupted Lana del Rey or Silver Jews. I'll share my favorite finds.

Of the Painted Choir - Lula
This is a great AZ album I reviewed here.
Listen to Of the Painted Choir here.

The Pretty Things - S.F. Sorrow
I never heard of this album before I came across it on a list of influential albums. Shameful, perhaps, but it is better to know the gaps in our education so we can fill them in. The full album is on YouTube here. I prefer Spotify.

Lana del Rey - Born to Die
Maybe I'll just listen to it once or twice this week...
Here's a link to her video for Video Games. You should watch it.
Listen to her album here.

No comments:

Post a Comment