Monday, January 21, 2013

Healthy Meal Planning

I am in the process of changing my health habits. I have been moving toward a more plant-based, whole foods diet and increasing my daily exercise. I started a fitness blog (shh!) and hope to see some positive changes in my overall health during the year to come. The fella and I have already embarked upon our journey to better health. We've joined a local crop share to introduce new vegetables to our routine. We got rid of the soda and sweets from around the house. We eat at home with increasing regularity. We've switched the majority of what we eat to local, organic foods. We also had hot dogs at Short Leash today after we finished shopping at the Farmer's Market so let's not get too crazy.

Last night I made Sweet Potato & Black Bean Burritos. They were amazing. I added a ton of bell peppers and purple cabbage in addition to the roasted sweet potatoes and black beans. More good things planned for this week...

Mixed Bean Soup




Pickled Radishes




Garlic, Chickpeas, and Garlic Whole Wheat Spaghetti 

Source: zoomyummy.com via Carly on Pinterest


z

No comments:

Post a Comment