Thursday, April 26, 2012

Home:: Garden Woes

Oh, how I long to grow my own food. Every year I invest in gardening gear and prepare to do battle against all that impedes my progress: the harsh Arizona climate, limited space, a black thumb. I pulled several of my plants through the winter. My household has been enjoying the fruits (herbs, actually) of that labor. The vegetables... well, some have pulled through with little to show by way of bounty. Now one of my tomato plants appears to have developed a fungus.

Yesterday, I called in the experts and decided to ask my mother what to do. She's the one with the green thumb but no time. I have the time and the hand of death. Mother gave my dwindling garden the once over and delivered the verdict. "I would start again." Harsh. The herbs might make it through. The rest has got to go. Victory will have to wait for another season.

Here are some inspiring gardens that were not made to suffer the same fate as plants left to my care...









1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad about your black thumb. To date I have managed to grow a cactus in a pot. Such is the extent of my gardening prowess.

    ReplyDelete