Monday, March 26, 2012

Books: Best Opening Lines

I love reading. I love books. I especially love a great opening line. Stylist complied a list of the best opening lines from literature and while I disagree on some finer points they did manage some stellar selections... below are a few of my favorites. Head here for the complete list!

“It was inevitable: the scent of bitter almonds always reminded him of the fate of unrequited love.” Love in the Time of Cholera Gabriel Garcia Marquez
"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun." The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Douglas Adams
"Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins." Lolita Vladimir Nabokov
"We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold." Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Hunter S. Thompson



No comments:

Post a Comment