Monday, May 14, 2012

A Pink Sparkly Diamond Cupcake Party

Yes, it's true. I attended A Pink Sparkly Diamond Cupcake Party for my dear friend's three year old daughter, Iris. Pallavi, the mother/my friend, is one of those truly remarkable creatures that creates lively space all around her so I expected her to go all out for Iris' third birthday. I certainly wasn't disappointed and as this party helped me to secure my belief that Eleanor is as close to a human child I plan on producing I expect this is one of the few chances I'll have to blog about children's birthday parties which can be painfully adorable. There are no candle-blowing-out pictures or present-opening because I, ever true to my nature, bounced out early.

 Pallavi, the-hostess-with-the-mostess, looking fabulous and kitchen-savvy.

A delicious array of Indian dishes (P-funk does teach culinary classes for Indian cuisine) awaiting grown-up attendees. I was allowed to help stir the green one so I take all the credit for its uniform heating.

Proper party planners know that beverages are not to be overlooked... the margaritas were added as soon as the guests began arriving.

 
Birthday Girl Iris admires her diamond-themed cake, her own request.

Stepsister and soul-sister provided support with cake-making, flower-arranging, booze-distributing, and general moral support. 

Tiffany looking lovely and exuding positive energy as no one but Tiffany can.

P-Funk getting the kiddy food together. Health first, cake later.

One of the many busy projects prepared for the kids. Paint your own picture frame brought to you by Goodwill-savvy and an overzealous enthusiastic party planner. 

The destruction fun begins.

Caroline and her beautiful daughters. 
They all have the same elegant profile and propensity for staring at new arrivals. 




Happy 3rd Birthday Iris!

No comments:

Post a Comment